Favorite Bible Passages

John 3:16 For God so loved the world He gave His only Son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Courageous

I had planned on seeing the movie Courageous with my wife but life happened and we never made it to the movie. Instead we decided to read the book rather than wait for the movie to be released on DVD. Honestly, I usually enjoy the book more than movie anyway (I won't be able to judge this book until it is released on DVD). This book was an eye opener. Every family would benefit from reading it. There were so many parts that had me close to or in tears. I know that I want to be the kind of husband and father that won't let go of that wheel. In order to do that I know I need to make God a higher priority in my life and my family's. Since reading this we have gone back to eating at the kitchen table instead of in front of the TV. We are also doing daily family devotions and spending more time together. I know that these are small steps but we are moving in the right direction. I would like to see our church do the bible study that goes along with this movie but until we can start that I plan on going through the questions in the back of the book and hopefully blog about each one. I truly feel that a lot of the problems in the world today could be fixed by men stepping up and being what God intended us to be!!

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving us the ultimate instruction guide the Bible. In it is all we need to know in order to be the men you want us to be. Please help me to spend more time in your word and to be the husband and father that you want me to be. I know I can't do this on my own so please walk with me and guide me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment